If you are in need of assistance as a result of the coronavirus crisis, call the United Way hotline below. If you reach a voicemail due to call volume, please leave a detailed message and you will receive a return call promptly.
As the region's volunteer resource center, VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads' top priority is the health and safety of our community and our volunteers. We continue to support the needs of our partner organizations and communities they serve while taking precautions to protect the health of our community and volunteers based on the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Virginia Department of Health.
To receive email updates on COVID-19 community response volunteer opportunities, please sign up here.
- Do not volunteer if you are sick
- Do not volunteer if you have come into contact with someone who is sick
- Do not volunteer if you are high risk for complications from COVID-19
- Do not volunteer if you have traveled to any area highly impacted by COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap
- Do not engage in physical contact with anyone while attending a volunteer event
- For additional resources and recommendations visit: cdc.gov
If you feel vulnerable to exposure or do not feel comfortable reporting to your scheduled volunteer shift, please notify your partner contact via email. To remove yourself from a project, please log in and click on the "My Account" tab along the top of the page. This will bring you to a summary of the upcoming projects for which you are registered. Find the project that you want to remove yourself from under the "Upcoming Opportunities" section at the top, and click "Remove Me" under the 'Action/Status' column.