Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+
Education Tutor - Suffolk
**We are currently looking for volunteers for our Summer Jumpstart Program! This opportunity will be from August 6th-24th, with shifts on Monday through Thursday, and from 10:00am-1:00pm. Anyone interested, please respond to this posting, and we will reach out to you ASAP!**
Volunteer Education Tutor- Suffolk Location
Reports to: Education Advocate
Hours/Time Commitment: Minimum one day per week, 2-3 hour shifts (during school year: 4-6pm or 5-7pm depending on location, during summer: 10am-1pm), for at least one semester/year/duration of program
The volunteer education tutor will assist in the operation of ForKids’ Beyond the Bell program by assisting children with their daily homework, reviewing completed work, assisting with small group instruction, and other essential duties as requested by the Education Advocate or Instructional Assistant.
- Assisting students with homework
- Assisting Education Advocate or Instructional Assistant with group lessons
- Monitoring students’ computer usage
- Other essential duties as requested
- Must complete orientation and pass an online criminal background check through Verified Volunteers
- Present a business casual appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Consistent attendance and punctuality to scheduled volunteer shifts
- Respect and maintain the boundaries and confidentiality requirements as instructed in orientation
- Tutoring or education experience desired, but not mandatory
TRAINING & SUPERVISION
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Invited, but not required, to participate in other training after orientation and background check ae completed
- On-site training and supervision conducted by either Education Advocate, Instructional Assistant or experienced volunteer
- Work experience with children, educational services and homeless population
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
- Meaningful connection and impact on the lives of at-risk youth
- Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Thank you for helping us to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for
families in our community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: