Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator and/or Receptionist
Hours/Time Commitment: On-call shifts as needed anytime receptionist is out
The volunteer receptionist will assist in the operation of ForKids’ main office administration. Volunteers will serve as the face of ForKids by answering incoming calls, connecting callers with hotline or appropriate staff, accepting donations, and maintaining the cleanliness of ForKids’ reception area.
- Answering and transferring incoming calls
- Greeting incoming guests and clients
- Monitoring front door traffic
- Accepting in-kind donations (tangible items, not money)
- Other duties associated with front desk reception as requested
- Volunteer receptionist DOES NOT accept money/payments in any form, and DOES NOT open or deliver any mail
- Must complete orientation and pass an online criminal background check through Verified Volunteers
- Present a business casual appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Consistent attendance and punctuality to scheduled volunteer shifts
- Respect and maintain the boundaries and confidentiality requirements as instructed in orientation
- Administrative experience desired, but not required
TRAINING & SUPERVISION
- Attend volunteer orientation
- On-site training and supervision conducted by either Receptionist, Volunteer Coordinator/Specialist, or experienced volunteer
- Work experience in professional office environment, with donors and homeless population
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
- Meaningful connection with ForKids’ staff
- Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Thank you for helping us to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for
families in our community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: