Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+
Distance Learning Coordinator
Distance Learning Coordinator
Updated: August 13, 2018
If you are looking for practical experience in managing online classrooms this is the opportunity for you!
The Distance Learning Coordinator (Recruitment/Administrative) creates online classrooms from existing curricular materials, conducts general online classroom housekeeping (verifies links, accuracy of dates and times, etc.) and assists in classroom audits. Additionally, this position will assist in marketing the Certificate in Retail Excellence to aspiring and existing entrepreneurs throughout Hampton Roads.
The Certificate in Retail Operations is a 42-week certificate program for existing and aspiring retail entrepreneurs that covers seven areas essential to successful retailing and culminates in the development of a workable business plan. The Certificate is taught part online (for convenience and accessibility) and part face-to-face (for networking and support). The Certificate is provided by the Center for Retail Excellence (CRE), a program of the Retail Alliance Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization that provides education and support for "mom and pop" retailers.
Specifically, the Distance Learning Coordinator can expect to be asked to do the following:
- Assist in the management of online classrooms,to include: creation of new classrooms from existing curricular material and classroom infrastructures, new user creation and student enrollment, quality control checks, and audits;
- Assist in the identification of target populations and assist in developing marketing strategies to reach them;
- Establish communication strategies with potential program participants;
- Provide prospective program participants with admissions information and requirements;
- Maintain a database of program participants and contacts.
Required Competencies and Credentials
Effective language and communication skills are most important and a background in online education, marketing and retail is strongly preferred. The candidate must demonstrate:
- Good computer skills, including fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as relational databases.
- Ability to do online research.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and take appropriate action, including resolving problems using independent judgment and decision-making processes.
Email your resume and cover letter to Tiffany McGee at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the CRE please visit our website:
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: