Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
The Virginia Aquarium is looking for volunteers skilled in finish carpentry to assist with special construction projects. Under the direction of designated supervisor, volunteers will fabricate and prepare for finish various fixtures, wood, composite and plastic structures for installation.
- Cutting, shaping and assembling wood, composite and/or plastic sections using shop tools and equipment such as planers, jointers, shapers, routers, sanders and various power saws.
- Assembling prepared components for various structures. This includes cabinets, exhibit casework, bookcases, picture frames and doors.
- Preparing structures for finish applications by planing, shaping and sanding using hand and power tools.
- Reading and interpreting plans, sketches and shop drawings for milling and fabrication.
- Preparing materials estimates as directed by supervisor.
- Determining type and dimensions of wood stock to be used.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and work area.
- Performing work of carpenter or acting as Lead Carpenter in absence of Lead Carpenter or Supervisor is possible.
- Performing related duties as assigned.
To offer your service or for more information, contact the Aquarium’s volunteer office. Also, feel free to pass this message on to anyone you believe may be interested. 757.385.0274 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you reply via email, please type "Finish Carpenter" in the subject line.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: