Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Capital Campaign, Fundraising, Program Cost Analyses, Executive Coaching, Financial Literacy / Budget Mentoring, Financial Plan
HabitatSHR Capital Campaign Mentor
Capital Campaign Mentor
Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads seeks a professional level volunteer mentor that can provide advice/counsel to our Development office as we embark on planning our 2020 Capital Campaign. The mentor would help with outlining the appropriate methodology for staff to follow as they develop a plan for the campaign.
Additional guidance on how to complete a feasibility study, writing a case for support and general mentorship of HabitatSHR leadership is also sought. Along with counseling our Development office staff, the mentor will also provide recommendations on how to clarify what the campaign money raised will fund, how to develop a preliminary working goal and help evaluate of the organization’s readiness to support and sustain a major capital campaign — focusing on the human, financial, and other resources available to the development office.
The Capital Campaign Mentor would also be able to help direct Development staff on how to organize one or more ad hoc committees (or task forces) that will work to refine our objectives; document our financial projections; and/or develop a database on prospective donors and leaders. They would review products created in the planning phase such as the goal, the gift chart, and the draft case for support, the donor recognition plan and the campaign timetable. The mentor might also review donor lists and lend their name to the campaign.
The Ideal Volunteer Capital Campaign Mentor Candidate would have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in fundraising with a track record of success with specific experience in Capital Campaigns.
- Successful experience with major Capital Campaign planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of local, statewide, and national philanthropic communities.
- A passion for assisting other non-profits succeed in meeting their mission goals.
- Flexible, professional able to work with HabitatSHR board, and staff members and provide objectivity.
- Availability to provide in person mentoring 2-4 hours a month and/or additional hours remotely through email or phone calls.
Compensation for Volunteering
- Knowing you’re making a big difference to an organization that helps build communities and families in South Hampton Roads.
- Making new friends and connections within your community.
- Help advance your career by providing professional level mentoring and building out your resume.
- Being a part of something bigger.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: