Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Customer Relations / Front Desk / Reception, Volunteer Management
Volunteer Coordination Intern
Position: Volunteer Coordination Intern
Description: The Volunteer Coordination Intern must demonstrate motivation, compassion, and a strong commitment to empowering Partner Families and volunteers. This individual will engage with Red Hats (leadership construction volunteers) and the general volunteer population to promote continued partnerships. This position will work 15 - 20 hours per week, must be available Tuesday and Thursdays to start, once training is complete schedule could be shifted to suit your schedule with occassional needs on construction days (usually Wed, Fri and Sat) . Attire is business casual; days that they accompany the Volunteer Manager to a construction site will require closed-toe shoes. This an unpaid Intern position.
- Engaging and working with Volunteers at ReStores locations as needed.
- Filing volunteer documents, waivers, forms, and paperwork
- Requesting and recording Volunteer Hours for 2 ReStores & All Construction sites
- Helping prepare for Volunteer training dates
- Visiting ReStores and Construction sites to check on volunteers and take pictures, if needed.
- Responding to general requests from our firstname.lastname@example.org email account and our Google doc group request form about volunteer information
- Learning GivEffect and assisting volunteers with using the site
- Confirming volunteers and managing GivEffect scheduling and assignment tools.
- Pursuing or received a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources or Nonprofit Management preferred.
- Must be comfortable being online and using basic technology, typing skills required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated conflict management skills
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask, and a team player
- Previous internship or related experience working in customer service or administration is preferred but not required
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families we serve
To apply for this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: