Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Facilitators for Girls who Code Camp
The Wesley Community Service Center is proud to announce our partnership with Girls who Code. This partnership is allowing us to be a CODING Camp site beginning March 6, 2021 for 9 weeks. In order to have a successful program we will need dedicated volunteers to faciliate the weekly sessions. Technical experience not required!
The role of a Club Facilitator is to:
- Guide Club members through the curriculum (provided by GWC on HQ)
- Help build sisterhood within the Club
- Help the members explore how computer science can be used to impact their community
Facilitators are not required to have any technical experience, as long as they are willing to learn alongside their Club members. Facilitators can be teachers, computer scientists, librarians, parents, college students, or volunteers from any background or field. That’s why we use the term “Facilitator” instead of “teacher”.
Girls Who Code Facilitators are required to care about introducing girls to Computer Science! Facilitators must also:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Pass a background check (or submit proof of having recently passed a background check)
- Complete a brief training
- Be available 2-4 hours per week (including travel and prep time) for the duration of the Club
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: