Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Case Management Hurricane Matthew Long Term Recovery
Case Managers are urgently needed to assist the Long Term Recovery Group in dealing with the unmet needs of local residents, survivors of Hurrican Matthew, primarily in Virginia Beach. Case Managers will report under Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia and are a significant part of the Long Term Recovery Group's work following Hurricane Matthew. Case Managers will be required to attend a training session of approximately 3 - 4 hours (these hours can be counted as volunteer time) which will be offered on several, to be scheduled dates but which will include a weekday and Saturday offering to accomodate various work schedules. Case Managers will be needed for a 6 month committment. Responsibilities will include:
- Will be assigned a case load to manage based upon home or work location. Initial in home meetings will take up to 2-3 hours and a weekly follow up by phone or in person will be necessary until a case is resolved.
- Provides accurate and timely Information and Referral
- Screens for disaster program eligibility
- Links survivors with resources
- Empowers the disaster survivor to effectively access the resources available in accordance with the sequence of assistance for recovery
- Helps to minimize the risk of duplication of benefits which may pose barriers for recovery
- Offers short-term planning assistance
- Provides clients with information on the importance of record keeping for future assistance
Case Management Volunteers need to attend one of two training sessions
Saturday, October 14 OR Saturday, October 21 from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m.
If you are unable to attend Saturday trainings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a weekday two hour training.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: