Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Annual Budget, Financial / Budget Literacy
The Volunteer Accountant position is a volunteer position responsible for oversight, recording and reconciliation of the financial accounting of Virginia Beach Justice Initiative, a non- profit. The Volunteer Accountant works closely with the Executive Director, staff members and board members demonstrating attention to detail and good record keeping skills to meet state and federal tax and non- profit regulations.
- Must embrace the mission and assent to the core values of Virginia Beach Justice Initiative
- Organized, strong attention to detail, and demonstrate self- direction and follow through
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and/or 5-7 years of experience as an accountant.
The duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Input into the General Ledger/QuickBooks and run reports.
- Process payroll twice a month, payroll taxes once a month and payroll reports to Virginia (monthly), Social Security (quarterly)and the IRS (annually).
- Record payments via check, credit card receipts, miscellaneous postings per the bank statement and expense reports weekly.
- Reconcile monthly Bank Statements
- Review the monthly activity for Victim Services, Advocacy Program and review all-inclusive detail with Executive Director as the Bank Reconciliation is completed.
- Run PayPal reports from the web and copy Donation Manager for donation entry.
- Run Treasurer’s reports for Board of Directors meetings.
- Run Grant summary reports for quarterly filing.
- Run 1099’s and W-2’s at year end for January 31st deadline as well as year-end giving letters.
- Maintain a filing system for documents that will be handed over to the CPA/Auditor.
Expectation of Commitment:
This position requires a regular commitment of 6-12 hours per week entering receipts and information into Quick Books and an additional 4-6 hours per month performing other tasks to include running reports.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: