Position: Volunteer Childcare Provider
Date: March 2018
Supervisor: Director of Prevention Services and Home Visitors
Time Commitment: Minimum of one year of service
DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Prevention Program Supervisor and Early Childhood Home Visitors within the limitations of agency policy, the incumbent is responsible for providing care and support to participating children and parents during the parent support workshop and sessions. The incumbent shall execute the following duties:
• Assist with the maintenance and monthly operation during the parent support sessions and workshops by monitoring participating children.
• Promote the care and safety of participating children.
• Provide safe play of participating children.
• Act as a positive role model for participating children by modeling appropriate behavior, proper grooming and social skills.
• Demonstrate fairness, responsibility, honesty and integrity.
• Assist with distribution of snacks to children if necessary.
• Participate in biannual program advisory committee and/or trauma informed committee meeting
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complete and meet agency volunteer screening, background check, and requirements for direct service engagement.
• Position requires compassion and patience and/or experience to possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties assigned.
• Incumbent must have maturity and experience in successfully working with children less than three years of age and knowledge of normal child growth and development.
• Must show sensitivity to individual needs and possess the ability to listen and respond utilizing a strength-based approach.
• Must own and maintain cell phone and service.
For information contact Rosalind Hopkins, Director of Prevention Services, Leslie Meekins, Healthy Families Supervisor: (757) 397-2121 or Juanita Rivera-Gordon volunteer Coordinator: (757) 622-70147 ext. 409