Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Library, Public Speaking
Ambassador Outreach Project
These individuals will represent the Norfolk Public Library at events such as festivals, fairs, and community venues. They will function as “Library Docents” and will engage the public and talk up our services and award-winning programs as well as distribute library information and resources.
- Set up a table at Community Events
- Talk up Library Services & Programs
- Pass out Library Information & Resources
- Direct Participants to Library’s website and social media
Our expectation is to secure friendly, engaging volunteers, who enjoy working with the public and who will actively promote the Norfolk Public Library at outreach events. We are also seeking reliable individuals who are able to cover events scheduled nights & weekends.
The ambassadors will become familiar with :
- Our programs & target age groups
- Location of library branches
- How to engage the public
- How to promote upcoming events with handouts
- Assisting attendees with simple art activities or mementoes
Types of Events
Festivals/Fairs – Large events that attract families
- Children’s Festival
- Back to School Fest
- Slover Pixel Fest
- Summer Reading Program
- Norfolk Southern Volunteer Fest
City of Norfolk Events
- Play Day at Tarrallton Park
- Dogs Gone Swimming
- Fountain Days at Towne Point Park
- NATO Festival
- Party for the Planet – Zoo
- NASA Grand Illumination Parade
- Norfolk Neighborhood Expo
- Grand Illumination
Community Events – events that are sponsored by community agencies
- Parent University
- Virginia Symphony Art Events
- Community Impact Health Fair
- School Fairs
As Library Ambassadors, participants will attend trainings to be instructed in all the library's programs & services. The library offers a comprehensive lineup of programs that serve all ages. Examples of programs include: Early Literacy, STEM, School Age, Teens, System-wide Celebrations & Cultural Events.
Applications can be submitted through https://www.norfolkpubliclibrary.org/support-npl/volunteering.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: