Age Minimum (with Adult): 11+, Minimum Age:18+
Virginia Living Museum SHARK ZONE VOLUNTEER
Express an interest for more information!
POSITION TITLE: SHARK ZONE VOLUNTEER
Sharks are important and increasingly endangered and through the work of National Geographic photographer Brian Skerry volunteers will assist guests in learning about these unique predators and their importance in our ecosystem.
PURPOSE: To enhance the guest experience by plunging guests into the underwater world of sharks through
MINIMUM AGE: 15 years old to volunteer alone and ages 11-14 with an adult (family volunteer).
- Greet and warmly welcome all guests
- Engage and relate to all guests in a friendly, respectful, and enthusiastic manner
- Anticipate and answer guest questions as they arise
- Ability to represent the museum in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all times
- Provide accurate and current information on the exhibit/area, information pertaining to Sharks, their habitats and other museum information as necessary
- Adhere to museum policies and procedures
- Ability to direct and command the group attention and assure no parts of the exhibit are damaged
- Work well with others as well as maintain a high level of guest interaction
- Explain or demonstrate the best way to view exhibits or help visitors who are in need of assistance
- All Virginia Living Museum volunteers must work at least 1 shift per month.
- Strong interest in history and education desired, but not required.
- Dependable and flexible
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- An enthusiastic, outgoing personality and a desire to work with and educate others
- Ability to initiate interactions with strangers
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive way through attitude, appearance, and actions.
- Ability to maintain focus on guest interactions during unstructured time
- Ability to remain in assigned area during the shift with the exception of breaks
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Shark Zone Training Class
SUPERVISOR: Reports to Volunteer Services Staff
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: