Age Minimum (with Adult): 11+, Minimum Age:15+
Virginia Living Museum FUN FOREMAN
POSITION TITLE: FUN FOREMAN!
(BUILDING WILD WITH NATURE ACTIVITIES VOLUNTEER)
PURPOSE: To enhance the guest experience by providing outstanding customer service while monitoring the area as guests use blocks, branches, bricks, stumps, twigs and logs to build at various locations throughout the campus. Ensure safe play in a non-threatening and tactful manner.
MINIMUM AGE: 15 years old to volunteer alone and ages 11-14 with an adult (family volunteer).
- Greet and warmly welcome all guests
- Engage and relate to all guests in a friendly, respectful, and enthusiastic manner
- Anticipate and answer guest questions as they arise
- Ensure the safety of guests and the environment during construction of large structures
- Ability to represent the museum in a professional and knowledgeable manner at all times
- Adhere to museum policies and procedures
- Work well with others as well as maintain a high level of guest interaction
- Explain and demonstrate ways to interact with the exhibit
- Help visitors who are in need of assistance
- All Virginia Living Museum volunteers must work at least 1 shift per month.
- Strong interest in history and education desired, but not required.
- Dependable and flexible
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift, move and organize blocks
- An enthusiastic, outgoing personality and a desire to work with and educate others
- Ability to initiate interactions with strangers
- Ability to represent the museum in a positive way through attitude, appearance, and actions.
- Ability to maintain focus on guest interactions during unstructured time
- Ability to remain in assigned area during the shift with the exception of breaks
- New Volunteer Orientation
- Building Wild Training Class
SUPERVISOR: Reports to Volunteer Services Staff
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: