Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Safe House Project Social Media Ambassadors
We are looking for people to join our social media team. Social media will help create content (short videos, content, blogs, and graphics) for our various initatives. To prepare you for this volunteer position, you will be asked to complete our training course that helps educate our teams on sex trafficking and Safe House Project's solution. We are looking for approximately 1 hour of time per week. Below is an overview of Safe House Project. We look forward to having you as part of our team.
Who We Are:
Safe House Project is a registered 501c3 dedicated to raising awareness of sex trafficking and providing rescue, restoration, and reintegration for American child sex trafficking victims.
Why We Exist:
- Every 2 minutes a child is sold into sex slavery
- Globally, 4.8 million people are trapped specifically in sex slavery
- 300,000 American children are commercially sexually exploited each year (prostitution or child pornography)
- 1% of victims are rescued each year
- Less than 100 beds are available in the US to provide rescue, restoration and reintegration for child sex trafficking victims
- Without a safe place to go, 80% of rescued children end up back in their trafficker’s hands
Safe House Project’s Answer:
Safe Houses are a linchpin for success in the fight against sex trafficking because without out 80% of rescued victims end of back in traffickers’ hands. Safe House Project is the only national organization that is focused on raising funds to support a collaborative network of rescue and restorative care organizations for domestic victims of sex trafficking. Whether they are children who have been trafficked or young adults who have been trafficked since they were children and just now escaping, we will ensure, by resourcing existing and new safe houses, that every victim is provided a place of refuge and restoration and opportunity.
Safe House Project partners with a national network of restorative care providers. The National Trafficking Sheltered Alliance (“The Alliance”) asserts specific standards on its members to ensure the highest quality of survivor care. Safe House Project operates as a central funding source to organizations that are upholding the highest standards of care with the necessary resources for sustainability.
Safe House Project raises funds through mass market events, partnerships, and private donors. We also come alongside existing events as their Charity Partner. Our mass-market events and speaking engagements allow us to raise awareness about the epidemic of sex trafficking, as well as deploy preventative education campaigns.
Safe House Project’s Difference:
We recognize that this issue draws many donors and corporate partners who wish to use their funds to make an impact in the fight against sex trafficking. There are many organizations doing incredible work, but we stand firmly on 3 pillars that provide security for our donors and sponsors alike.
- Multiplier: A donation or sponsorship to Safe House Project is not simply passed through us to another organization. We use donations to execute world-class fundraising events, like the Safe House Project Race Series, galas, fitness fundraisers, human trafficking symposiums, and benefit concerts. These events are carefully crafted to maximize sponsorship dollars and multiply the donations dispersed to our safe house partners.
- Diversifier: Furthermore, each event has a strong education campaign, which brings prevention and awareness. This allows Safe House Project to impact all sides of the issue from prevention and awareness to rescue and restoration.
- Guaranteed Impact: Safe House Project only disperses to safe houses who are providing guaranteed impact at the highest level of industry standards. This ensures that each donation made will move us forward in the fight against sex trafficking. In 2018, 93% of donations went directly to those providing for victims of sex trafficking.
Safe House Project in Hampton Roads:
Safe House Project raises awareness and promotes prevention of sex trafficking throughout Hampton Roads. We have 10-15 educational speaking events throughout Hampton Roads each month, as well as large scale fundraisers. We are also working with our local and national partners to establish rescue, restoration, and reintegration opportunities for victims from Hampton Roads. Our goal is to raise $3 million in 2019, but it requires that everyone engage in the fight. Together, we can provide a safe place for our children in Hampton Roads to heal from the trauma they have endured.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: