Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Housing Programs Outreach Coordinator and Personal Finance Educator
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Position: Housing Programs Outreach Coordinator and Personal Finance Educator (volunteer; 5 hours per week commitment for six or more months; work from home with minimal Agency office time required)
Date: July 23, 2019
Supervisor: Manager, Housing & Financial Stability Programs
Under the direction of the Manager, Housing & Financial Stability Programs and in accordance with HUD guidelines and agency policy, the incumbent shall:
- Conduct outreach to represent The Up Center and specifically the Housing & Financial Counseling department; make personal visits to community leaders, churches, civic league groups, homeowner’s associations, and others to maximize opportunities for the Agency/department to provide services.
- Arrange and teach the Agency’s Art of Debt Management financial literacy class; collect proper intake information and administer surveys as required; training provided.
- Ensure operations are compliant with the HUD Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in finance related field or substantial experience as a personal finance educator.
Excellent organization, teaching and communications skills.
Ability to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds.
Ability to initiate contact with those in the community who can assemble groups of individuals to provide financial literacy education to; must be comfortable with “cold calling” as needed.
Possess average computer skills and minimal competence in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Ability to understand and use Counselor Max database; training provided.
Willingness to work from home and use personal technology to access the internet; agency technology not provided.
Incumbent may be given the opportunity to study for and take, at the agency’s expense, the HUD National Housing Counselor examination.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: