Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Housing Programs Outreach Worker
Position: Housing Programs Outreach Worker (volunteer; 3 to 5 hours per week; minimum commitment of three months)
Date: July 23, 2019
Supervisor: Manager, Housing & Financial Stability Programs
Under the direction of the Manager, Housing & Financial Stability Programs and in accordance with HUD guidelines and agency policy, the incumbent shall:
· Conduct outreach to represent The Up Center and specifically the Housing & Financial Counseling department; make personal visits to community leaders, churches, civic league groups, homeowner’s associations, and others to maximize opportunities for the Agency/department to provide services.
· Arrange venues for other staff to teach financial education seminars.
· Ensure operations are compliant with the HUD Handbook.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in housing/finance-related field, social work, marketing or communications, or substantial experience with marketing/outreach activities.
· Ability to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds.
· Ability to initiate contact with those in the community and independently organize outreach (tabling) events.
· Willingness to work from home and use personal technology.
· Incumbent may be given the opportunity to study for and take, at the agency’s expense, the HUD National Housing Counselor examination.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: