Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:21+
Steel Beach Barbeque Classic
Enjoy creative barbecue tastings from participating vendors using tasting tickets. Guests will have access to the bow, fantail and additional spaces inside the Battleship Wisconsin where special programming, games, live music by Fox and the Bear and more will take place! This is an age 21 & up only event. Event is rain or shine.
All proceeds from the Steel Beach Barbecue Classic will directly benefit the Nauticus Foundation’s efforts to continue the preservation, interpretation and maintenance of the Battleship Wisconsin. Funds will also help to enhance educational programming aboard the Wisconsin to better educate the youth in our community.
Volunteers are needed for the following:
- VENDER SUPPORT 4 volunteers to work with Steve Atkins to help restaurants find their spots on the ship and deliver their food. (12pm – 3pm)
- EVENT BUSSER 7 volunteers to work with Steve Atkins continually as bussers with the event tables, help wash event cups guest left behind, alert custodial of spills, assist restaurant in supply needs. (3pm – 8pm)
- GREETER/ ID CHECKER 2 outgoing and friendly volunteers needed to assit with check-in, stand outside front doors, greet guest, and check ID's of all guest as they enter the circle. Direct guest to check-in tables, break down supplies, and extra duties as needed. Check-in Captain will be on duty. (2pm - 8pm)
- CHECK-IN 4 needed as check-in volunteers to approve ticketed guests for entry to the building and the event. Once approved send to wristband/cup line. Assist with setup and breakdown. Check-in Captain may assign other duties as needed. (2pm - 8pm)
- CUP/WRISTBAND DISTRIBUTER 6 volunteers needed to put on wrist bands and distribute cups to guest. Check-in Captain may assign other duties as needed. (2pm - 8pm)
- SALES STATION 2 volunteers to help sell drink and BBQ tasting tickets with Christine on the fantail. (2pm - 8pm)
- VIP EVENT RUNNERS 3 volunteers will assist reserved sponsor tables. Bring them food tastings, clean the tables, bring new drinks, etc. Will be located on the Captain's deck with Kristen. (2pm- 8pm)
- QUARTERDECK GREETER 1 volunteer to serve as a greeter for the event giving directions to the VIP area and to event attendees throughout the party. Volunteer will also make sure no drinks are taken outside of event area and will use a counter for a guest head count. (3pm - 8pm)
- GAME VOLUNTEER 1 volunteer and 1 staff needed for setup/break down of game, engage guests, and handle iPad/cash for the fundraising game. (3pm - 8pm)
Volunteers will partake in a barbeque meal from 2pm – 2:30pm only on the day of the event. No drinking of alcohol during your services at the event. Please dress in warm or layered clothing as it may be chilly that evening. The event is outdoors on the battleship. Most importantly, have fun!
You can sign up on this site or also use this link to sign up: Select "Steel Beach Barbeque" on the assignment section. https://nauticus.org/volunteer-at-nauticus/
To learn more about it go to: https://nauticus.org/steel-beach-barbecue-classic/
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: