Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+
FIRST Chesapeake District Portsmouth VA Event
FIRST Chesapeake uses robots as the vehicle to bring Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) based leadership opportunities to youth.
The FIRST Chesapeake District Portsmouth VA Event takes place March 13-15, 2020, with event set-up happening Friday afternoon, and the actual competition Saturday and Sunday.
Competitions are fast-paced, fun, full of music and cheering fans.
Our volunteers are the key to our success. Whether your skills are technical or not, or even a bit rusty, we can use your help. Volunteers are needed before, during, and after our competitions- field set-up, team and volunteer registration tables, queuers, judges and referees, robot inspectors, etc. We would love for you to join us. Prior FIRST experience is helpful but not required.
Age requirements for volunteers:
- Event volunteers must be at least 13 years of age, with some restrictions.
- Parent/guardian permission is required for all volunteers under 18.
- For high school students who require community service hours to graduate, the on-site volunteer coordinator can sign your forms. Notify the volunteer coordinator in advance of the event. For all other types of community involvement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To see what we are all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtE6Va6oOhU
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: