Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Admin Assistant for Youth Programs (Remote Work Possible)
Are you savvy with Google Documents, Email Communication, Scheduling, & Google Forms? This post is for you!
The Muse Writers Center is looking for a dedicated admin volunteer/intern to assist staff with our youth programs.
We are seeking 4 hours per week for this role (can be less on lighter load weeks or more if desired.)
- Using Google Forms to gather data & quotes that support our youth programs.
- Using Google Docs to track program details & students.
- Communication with area schools & organizations who serve youth.
- Assist with social media design using Canva.com & specific templates already created.
- Compiling notes, tasks, & checklists to assist staff with youth programs.
- Basic project management, as provided & directed by staff member.
Applicants should be well-versed in using Google apps, and open to using a web conferencing software such as Skype, WebEx, or Zoom to meet with staff.
This role allows for flexibility of working from home or remotely AND a space to work can be provided at our nonprofit location in Ghent, Norfolk. In-person meetings are encouraged to begin projects, but are not required. If details are your specialty, this role is for you!
Other helpful skills & knowledge:
- Knowledge of social media channels & basic strategy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook functions.
- Knowledge of basic design & aesthetics.
- Ability to receive and apply directions from staff.
- Knowledge or experience volunteering for a nonprofit.
- Experience working with youth is helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of grant report is a plus, but not required.
This role is an unpaid Volunteer or Intern role. If requiring specific hours for school credit, this can be arranged and scheduled. If not seeking credit for an academic program, we offer a credit toward taking a Muse class in exchange for hours donated. (Find classes we offer here: http://www.the-muse.org/workshops.html )
Credit for Muse Class = 2.5 hours per week per session = 1 multi-week class, workshop, studio OR three (3) seminars.
Next session begins = Feb and ends in April...schedule is flexible!
To Apply: Send 1-2 page resume & email of interest to: Anna Fitzgerald, email@example.com before Jan 20th. Position can start asap or begin in Jan 2020. Position posted until filled.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: