Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+
Sound the Alarm
Join our Home Fire Campaign Team
Seven times a day, someone in this country dies in a home fire. The American Red Cross is launching a nationwide campaign to reduce the number of home fire deaths and injuries by 25 percent over the next five years.
We’re joining with fire departments and community groups nationwide to canvass neighborhoods, install smoke alarms and deliver fire prevention information in places we know have high numbers of fires.
The Red Cross is asking every household in America to join us in taking the two simple steps that can save lives: checking their existing smoke alarms and practicing fire drills at home.
When: Saturday, January 18, 2020 8am – 1pm
Where: Hampton Fire & Rescue, Station #7, Willow Oaks District, 176 Fox Hill Rd, Hampton, VA 23669
• Registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. No experience needed. Training will begin at 8:30 a.m.
• Snacks & bottled water will be provided for all volunteers.
• Volunteers will be deployed in teams of 2-3 volunteers into the neighborhood.
• This event is an outdoor canvassing event, so please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
• Friends and family members (youth 13 and older) are welcome to participate. (Great opportunity for teenagers in need of community service hours.)
• Register individually here: https://rdcrss.org/2SCG0Xk
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: