Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Animal Care
Respond to Veterinary Medical Assistance Applications for Animals in Need
Animal Resources of Tidewater (ART) is seeking compassionate folks to volunteer mostly 9am-5pm (some nights and weekends) to screen applications for veterinary assistance for sick and injured pets, and make appointments at veterinary clinics to treat these animals.
- Basic knowledge of pet health, injuries, ailments and diseases is helpful.
- The ability to discern if the need is urgent vs non-urgent is a plus, but not required.
- Should be organized, computer literate, and have good communication skills with the ability to speak professionally to veterinary clinic staff, and calmly respond to applicants who can be stressed because they are dealing with a sick pet.
- Willingness to speak on the phone (not just email/ text).
- Flexibility is needed to communicate with vet offices (make appointments, pay bills) during working hours.
Volunteers interested in this position will be trained by others already doing this work so you become part of a supportive team. Training takes 3 to 6 months. This is an ideal volunteer opportunity for someone who wants to help animals and who is empathetic to pet owners whose sick and injured pets need vet care the pet parent cannot afford. Being part of an organization that helps people and their pets at times of crisis, truly saving lives, is incredibly rewarding.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: