Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Helper for the Virtual Learning Center
The Virtual Learning Center Helper assists elementary school aged children (K-5) with virtual learning. Caring volunteers in this position help children: follow their school schedules, assist with on-demand work, and help children with additional learning endeavors.
This is an on-site opportunity. We operate with two shifts 8-12, and 12-4:30, Monday through Friday. Please see Time Commitment below.
- Help children follow their schedules. Each child’s schedule is posted above their desk. This helps volunteers to be able to understand when children need to be in class on camera and when they have on-demand work.
- Help children gather supplies. Many children have their supplies at their desks, but they may occasionally need other supplies.
- Help children abide by boundaries. Reminding children to wear masks, keep shoes on, not run in the hallway, watch their timers, and listen to their teachers are all included in this.
- Help children with homework and on-demand work. Sometimes, students need more help learning than their teachers can give them.
- Play and enjoy time together. There is free time throughout the day that children can enjoy the playground outside or simply do a craft inside. This is a fun time to be with the children!
Time CommitmentThis is dependent on you. Each shift is four hours long, so the minimum requirement would be four hours a week.
- Patience: This job can be frustrating due to technology, the differing schedules of children, and occasional behavioral issues.
- Flexibility: Sometimes, the children’s schedules change with little notice. We also have a different number of children on some occasions.
- Some tech experience: Being familiar with how to open a web browser and navigate Zoom is helpful, but not required.
- Dedication: We have found that when children have a bond with the volunteers, they are able to function more effectively in their learning environment. We love when our volunteers love the kids!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: