Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Court Ordered Volunteer - Allowed
Good Mojo Thrift Store - Pickup/Delivery Associate
**The Good Mojo thrift store is reopening next week! The regular volunteer opportunity as described below will be active again as of Wednesday, June 27th! In the meantime, there are other last minute volunteering opportunities available to help the Good Mojo staff with the reopening - if you are interested in volunteering before June 27th, please call (757) 622-6400 ext. 164 to find out times and projects available!**
Good Mojo Pickup/Delivery Associate
Department: Good Mojo
Reports to: Good Mojo Manager/Staff
Hours/Time Commitment: Wednesdays and Sundays 12:30pm-3:30pm/ Saturdays Varied - See Occurences/ No commitment, open opportunity
The Good Mojo Pickup/Delivery Associate will assist staff during scheduled donation pickups and purchased item deliveries. Volunteer will ride with staff in Good Mojo truck to various locations.
- Assist staff with loading and unloading of Good Mojo truck
- Placing furniture and heavy items on the sales floor
- Other essential duties as requested by Good Mojo staff
- Must be able to safely lift 50+ pounds
- Must complete volunteer application and liability release
- Receive training on Good Mojo policies and operations
- Present a casual-professional appearance and a friendly demeanor
- Must wear closed toed shoes at all times- steel toed boots preferred
- Delivery experience a plus, but not required
TRAINING & SUPERVISION
- On-site and Off-site training and supervision conducted by either Good Mojo Manager or Good Mojo Staff
- Work experience in the delivery and retail fields
- Knowledge that you are contributing to the improvement of our community
- Meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and families in crisis
- Potential to earn Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (100+ hours of service)
Thank you for helping us to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for
families in our community!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: