Interested in Serving on a Board?
Each year, millions of individuals dedicate their time and expertise to shape the future of nonprofit organizations when they serve on a board.
Board members provide critical intellectual capital and strategic resources to power nonprofit success and strengthen communities. For many people, serving on a board allows them to make a difference in their community and support a cause that they care about.
Three Reasons Why You Should Join a Board
- Make an impact on your community.
- Enhance your professional skills.
- Expand your network.
How to Get Started
Follow the instructions below to register for board service.
- Sign in to your volunteer account or create one here.
- Review the current listings of open board positions at the bottom of this page.
- Choose an opportunity to read more about the organization.
- Select “Express Interest” for the board position.
- The organization will reach out to you for next steps.
The Secret Sauce
Choosing a board opportunity is the first step in the process. The Secret Sauce of a successful board match includes alignment of your skillset and interest to the organization’s need and impact area.
- Connect with the organization once they reach out to you.
- This is an interview for you and for the organization - to ensure it is a good fit for both.
- Take some time to research the organization: What is their mission? Who do they serve?
- Come with a list of questions.
- Don’t know what to ask? Sign up for Board Boot Camp 101 and learn about the role and expectations of a board member.
To learn more about board volunteer positions, please contact us here.