Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Community Volunteer, Visitor Greeter and Front Desk Assistant
Our Community Volunteers at Operation Smile Global Headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA are such an integral part of our team. They help us accomplish our goal of delivering safe surgery to all of our patients. Without our volunteers, a child would not receive blankets or toys, our medical program volunteers would not have patient charts, our visitors would miss the opportunity to be greeted with a smile, and we could not meet our daily administrative needs at Global Headquarters. If changing the lives of patients and families across the globe speaks to you, then please come join our Operation Smile Family! We are looking for passionate volunteers who believe that every person deserves safe surgery and that every person plays a part, no matter how small, in accomplishing our mission.
- Welcome visitors and request sign-in at front desk log
- Direct visitors questions to appropriate staff person or program
- Answer and forward calls
- Sign-off on staff lunch deliveries and notify applicable person
- We are looking for 5-7 committed volunteers to rotate and help cover the front desk while our receptionist takes a lunch break
- We need coverage for any day during the work week, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- We will sometimes need 4 hours of coverage outside of the lunch break to help cover employee vacation
- We would prefer a 1-3 month commitment, or longer if volunteer is interested
- If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity and can commit at least 1-3 months to this position, please forward resume or CV to our Community Volunteer Coordinator at Michelle.Joyner@operationsmile.org.
- You will be contacted via telephone for pre-orientation questions and answers.
- Orientation and Training will be provided before you start your volunteer role.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: