Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
IT - End User Services: Volunteer Technical Specialist
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team. The IT EUS Volunteer Technical Specialist is responsible for providing IT support for all American Red Cross end users (staff, volunteers, disaster operations). Volunteers in this position will utilize the Red Cross ticketing system and provide computer equipment and support, determine user needs and maintain equipment and software as applicable. Provides onsite and remote IT problem resolution. Other responsibilities include organizing and coordinating activities associated with installation, deployment and upgrade of software, hardware and network facilities as it relates to the IT environment.
Reporting to an IT EUS Regional Director/Regional IT EUS Volunteer Support Manager, the IT EUS Volunteer Technical Specialist may:
- Provide technical support troubleshooting IT equipment - computers, printers, network equipment, etc.
- Participate in local and enterprise-wide IT projects
- Support immediate technology needs for local disaster response operations and provide support to disaster team as needed during a local disaster operation
- Support IT needs at special events
- Manage IT assets (equipment issue/return, maintain inventory database)
- Ensure compliance with established quality standards and requirements
- Assist with end user training
- Utilize the Red Cross ticketing system to address end user issues
- Assist with developing or improving EUS policies and procedures
- Participate in core team meetings
Time CommitmentVolunteers must be available on a regular basis during normal business hours when most IT work is performed. Although there may be occasional requests for after-hours or weekend work, volunteers who are only available evenings and weekends would not be an appropriate fit for this position. Hours per week may vary depending on availability.
- Knowledge of personal desktop computing and advanced office automation technology including Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10, Office, Office 365, file shares, printers, scanners
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking to include wireless design and setup
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs
- Incumbent may be required to work non-standard business hours
- Periodic travel possible
- Knowledge of ITSM/Ticketing Systems
- Knowledge of the ticket lifecycle
- Knowledge of Service Level Targets
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: