Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Sterling Volunteers Level: Level 1
Volunteer Driver/Delivery Person
Delivery person/truck driver - Mondays Only
Wesley Community Service Center (WCSC) is seeking a part-time volunteer delivery person. This position involves the pick-up and delivery of food from the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia in Norfolk, VA to The Wesley Community Service Center in Portsmouth, VA. Coordination, scheduling and administrative work associated with delivery service. Truck, gas and EZpass provided by WCSC.
- Pick up food from the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia located in Norfolk, VA and deliver to The Wesley Community Service Center while maintaining social distance guidelines.
- Coordinate with our Executive Director and regarding weekly details.
- Communicate pickup and delivery information with staff, donors and members
- Accurately complete daily paperwork.
- Maintain a neat vehicle and report vehicle issues or needs to the Executive Director
- Must be polite and professional as our drivers are the face of our organization to many of our donors and members.
- Other duties as assigned
About The Wesley Community Service Center (WCSC): Founded in 1937 - The WCSC focuses on both immediate and long-term solutions which address social, economic, and social barriers for those in our community who are historically underserved. For families experiencing poverty and inadequate access to life-sustaining food resources, we provide a Food Distribution Program each Tuesday at 10:30AM. By providing this service, we ensure that long-term food insecurity is mitigated therefore helping families avoid other issues concerning learning, development, productivity, physical and mental health, and family life.
Pick up and delivery is on Monday between 8 and 830pm
You must have an acceptable driving record. You must pass a background check
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: